Network Rail has a register which contains all applicable Health and Safety Legislation and how it applies to Network Rail.
The latest update can be found in the attachments section.
For Network Rail staff there is also a mobile application of the Health and Safety Legal (HSL) Register which is available on Network Rail mobile devices. The app is called “HSL Register” and is available to download from the Network Rail App Catalogue.
Following a review it is not believed there have been any material changes to the Register in the past six months which will affect Network Rail’s position.
October 2019- Please note the below update:
- Radiation (Emergency preparedness and Public Information) Regulations 2001. This legislation was previously listed under the ‘Hazardous’ tab. However from 22 May 2019, the Radiation (Emergency preparedness and Public Information) Regulations 2019 came into force and replaces the old legislation. We have therefore updated the Register.
- In the October 2018 and April 2019 update the legislation below was mentioned. We have continued to monitor developments and the latest position is described as follows:
- The Health and Safety (Amendment) (EU Exit) Regulations 2018. There has been no update. The legislation will come into force on the date the UK exists the EU.
- The Automated and Electric Vehicles Act 2018. Not yet in force. As the Act contains a Commencement Order, most sections will need to be enacted by regulation by the Secretary of State for Transport via statutory instrument. Once this happens, the register will be updated accordingly with any provisions applicable to Network Rail.
- The Transport (Scotland) Bill 2018. The Bill passed Stage 3 in the Scottish Parliament on 10 October 2019.
- EU Exit Regulations. As well as the above, there are various regulations drafted which will come into force on ‘Exit Day’. We have reviewed these regulations and the legislation they intend to amend and believe they do not provide any material changes for Network Rail. A majority of the EU Exit related regulations intend to ensure that existing protections and regulatory frameworks are maintained and continue to work in the same way once the UK has left the EU. We will continue to monitor developments in relation to the below and provide any noteworthy amendments in the next update:
- Food (Miscellaneous Amendments) (Wales) (EU Exit) (No.2) Regulations 2019 (SI 2019/1046)
- REACH etc. (Amendment etc.) (EU Exit) (No 3) Regulations 2019 (SI 2019/1144)
- Railways (Safety, Access, Management and Interoperability) (Miscellaneous Amendments and Transitional Provision) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019
- REACH etc. (Amendment etc.) (EU Exit) (No.2) Regulations 2019 (SI 2019/858)
- REACH etc. (Amendment etc.) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019 (SI 2019/758)
- Railways (Access, Management and Licensing of Railway Undertakings) (Amendments etc.) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019 (SI 2019/518) – 29 March 2019
- Materials and Articles in Contact with Food (Amendment) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019 (SI 2019/704)
- Railways (Amendment) (EU Exit) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2019 (SI 2019/826)
- Rail Safety (Amendment etc.) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019 (SI 2019/837)
- Railways (Safety Management) (Amendment) (EU Exit) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2019 (SI 2019/825)
- Railway (Licensing of Railway Undertakings) (Amendment etc.) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019 (SI 2019/700)
- Train Driving Licences and Certificates (Amendment) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019 (SI 2019/677)
If you have any queries with regards to the H&S Legal Register, please contact:
Environmental legislation is contained within the Network Rail Environmental Legal Register. For further queries on the Environmental Legal Register, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org