What is Sentinel?
Sentinel is one of the premier safety systems in use across the Rail Industry. It provides rail workers with a passport to work on the rail infrastructure across the United Kingdom by using the latest smart card technology.
The system uses a secure and trusted database, available as an app or PC software, to allow workers’ competence and fitness to work to be verified simply and effectively in near real time.
Visit the Sentinel website for:
- View the latest version of the Sentinel Scheme Rules
- Latest news and information
- Fact Sheets and Guides to help you use Sentinel
- Sentinel training materials including videos and e-learning
- Instructions on how to apply for a card and photo requirements
Help & Support
For all Sentinel queries please contact our 24/7 helpdesk by phone or email where an operative will help to resolve your query as quickly as possible:
Tel: 0330 726 2222
Please take the time to watch the video below which highlights the consequences of not getting your Sentinel card swiped every shift