- Why investigations are held
- Arranging an investigation
- Writing an investigation report
- Identifying the cause of an accident/incident
- The management of the completed investigation report and any associated recommendations
- Guidance for DCPs on preparing an investigation remit
- Guidance on how to manage recommendations
Network Rail Standard NR/L3/OHS/0046 – The Reporting, Investigation and Recording of Safety and Sustainable Development Events and Close Calls within Infrastructure Projects requires that a Preliminary Report and Investigation Form (Level One) – NR2072P (or a Contractor’s equivalent form that has all the fields in the Network Rail form) is completed and submitted within seven days of any S&SD Event occurring. Form and guidance can be found in the attachments.