Construction Phase Plan, Work Package Plan, and Task Briefing Sheets which are used by our Principal Contractors to describe health and safety controls and communicate these to the workforce are becoming longer and more complicated. Making it harder for those who need information access and use it when they need to.
We have found;
- Duplicated content across some mandatory templates.
- Inconsistent content expectations & level of client review.
- Pressure from insurers / legal advisors to include “just in case” content.
A simplification matrix with supporting documents has been produced which aims to get the right information, to the right people at the right time! These options have been developed, collaboratively, by Infrastructure Projects (IP) and supply chain through IP Western & Wales SHELT. Each IP Project Team and their PC should work together to identify and implement the best option for them.
What are the benefits?
- A common understanding – all agreeing where the right information will be held.
- Unified assurance – use of acceptance / assurance checklists which give a simplified approach by both the PC & NR teams.
When can we start to use this?
We are now upskilling our teams in IP and ask that our PC’s do likewise so that there is a common understanding of the use of this method. We aim to have this complete by early September 2019.
For more information please contact your IP Health & Safety Lead.