For all Network Rail colleagues you can access the full materials on an internal platform on the following link:
The Electrical Safety Step Up is one part of the Electrical Safety Culture strategy and framework describing our ambitions to address cultural change and recommendations from electrical incidents. It also aligns to the wider Network Rail culture framework, which is committed to improving our electrical safety culture across the Industry, and is the foundation for embedding changes to ways of working.
By talking openly about how our behaviours and actions have an impact on our overall safety, to make sure everyone goes home safe everyday.
‘Keeping each other safe around high-voltage electricity’
We have created a separate pack for each electrical sub-system. For external colleagues, please ensure that you download the facilitation guide and film for the relevant sub-system on the right hand side of this page. If you require the HV distribution slide deck please contact us directly on the Electrical Culture e-mail address at the bottom of this page.
The National ‘Electrical Safety Step Up’ Event has been designed to be cascaded through the organisation to focus on: –
- The importance of why we must follow the safety rules/process
- The consequences if we don’t (highlighted through a series of films)
- Recognise what good looks like (relating to behaviours that should be displayed)
- Ensure everyone gets home safe everyday
- Network Rail and the industry
- Inclusive of Works Delivery, Capital Delivery, Maintenance and the Supply Chain
- The target audience is staff, working on or near electricity
- Office based personnel that are involved in the planning of work
- Conducting a trial to review the delivery, content and reception of those materials
- Delivery strategy will be via cascade, in line with other safety initiatives
- Participate in interactive discussions either face to face or online
- Commit to ‘Stop, Think, and Check’ and ‘Choosing to Challenge’
- Attend delivery support sessions, to provide guidance and best practice
- Attend ongoing support through drop-in sessions and guidance materials
If you need more information regarding the Step Up and the support to be arranged for those leading sessions; please contact the team by emailing: ElectricalCulture@networkrail.co.uk