The aim is for the ICI to become the entry level competence for working in the rail industry, covering the general induction information that is common to all.
The key drivers for introducing the ICI are to improve safety and productivity on sites, which is in alignment with Mark Carne’s Safety Vision Statement:
“Outstanding safety performance and outstanding business performance go hand in hand”
Additional benefits include:
- Consistency: one induction across all sites
- Increased assurance via knowledge testing to guarantee level of understanding within the workforce
- A defined periodicity for the induction
- Use of Sentinel smartcard to surface the competence
- Increased productivity, due to reduction of duplication of content in briefings
- Visibility of the whole workforce whether trackside or non-trackside.
Use of the induction allows site-specific inductions to focus on the risks and hazards that are specific to the location that individuals are working in, and for the tasks that they are involved in.
You must register with Link up to become a Sponsor. There are many benefits of becoming a supplier on Link up, please see the website for more information.
For more information about the ICI please go to the FAQ page.